From: Paul <gentoo@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Replacing main harddisk
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 09:59:36
1 On Friday 16 Sep 2005 16:37, Michael Kintzios wrote:
2 > > -----Original Message-----
3 > > From: Paul [mailto:gentoo@××××××××××××.com]
4 > > Sent: 16 September 2005 15:23
5 > > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
6 > > Subject: [gentoo-user] Replacing main harddisk
9 > > Hi all,
10 > >
11 > > My main harddisk is starting to go, making awful noise and
12 > > causing the
13 > > computer to freeze.
14 >
15 > Forgot to say: are you sure it is your hdd? An old box of mine was
16 > making a racket and it transpired that the CPU fan needed oiling! The
17 > bearing had run dry and was rattling every now and then. What
18 > temperatures does your CPU show?
19 > --
20 > Regards,
21 > Mick
22
23 Thanks for your replies Mick,
24 I think it may have been a heat problem, since running the disk out of the
25 case everything seem to work fine. I'm sure your advice will come in handy
26 in the near future.
27 Paul
28 --
29 This message has been sent using kmail with gentoo linux
30 --
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list