From: Dave Jones <Dave.Jones@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Mozilla - pop-ups not blocked !!
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 19:03:50
1 Hi Jim,
2
3 I believe that Gmail *requires* SSL to connect, I don't think it's a
4 privoxy issue.
5
6 I connect to http://gmail.google.com, which seems to redirect to an
7 https:// link, from there on it's straight in.
8
9 Gmail also works fine using SSL and Thunderbird via my squid & privoxy
10 combination.
11
12 Cheers, Dave
13
14 JimD wrote on 03/20/06 19:21:
15 > Dave Jones wrote:
16 >> I use privoxy as a peer cache for squid.
17
18 >> It works fine across the local network, and seems reasonably fast and
19 >> flexible.
20
21 >> My first proxy is squid, which then calls privoxy as its peer.
22
23 >> All my local hosts use squid as their proxy, and get the benefits of
24 >> using both squid and provoxy.
25
26 >> The only problem I encountered is that you have to directly access
27 >> privoxy to configure it using its web interface, rather than going via
28 >> squid. Not a major issue really.
29
30 > Privoxy looks pretty nice. However in testing last night I noticed that
31 > gmail would not work unless I went over SSL. Trying to go to
32 > http://mail.google.com/ would just give me a blank page.
33
34 > Have you run into this issue?
35 --