From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Perl 5.30.1 Locale::Language missing
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2020 18:43:57
1 On Sat, Jan 04, 2020 at 06:21:17PM +0100, Petric Frank wrote
2
3 > It is missing Locale::Language.
4 >
5 > After a view to the perl source it indeed have been removed.
6 >
7 > A short search seems to state the the used have to install the packages
8 > Locale::Language
9 > Locale::Codes
10 >
11 > from CPAN instead.
12 >
13 > Due i am not a master of constructing perl-ebuilds - anyone already
14 > have build the ebuilds and share it with me ?
15
16 No need for an ebuild/emerge. See...
17 https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-693473.html for a solution
18 template. Someone needed "IO:Stty" and the solution was to run the
19 following from the commandline as root
20
21 perl -MCPAN -e shell
22 cpan > install IO::Stty
23 exit
24
25 In your case it looks like you need (as root)
26
27 perl -MCPAN -e shell
28 cpan > install Locale::Language
29 cpan > install Locale::Codes
30 exit
31
32 Installing Locale::Language may also install Locale::Codes ; I simply
33 don't know.
34
35 Note that the first time you run perl like this it, it may ask for
36 config/setup options. The final line will be...
37 "Would you like to configure as much as possible automatically? [yes]"
38
39 Hit the {ENTER} key to accept defaults.
42 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
43 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications