From: Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] eix doesn't ignore disabled overlays
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 22:49:42
1 Am Montag, 11. März 2019, 23:35:35 CET schrieb Marc Joliet:
2 > Am Montag, 11. März 2019, 10:48:38 CET schrieb Helmut Jarausch:
3 > > Hi,
4 > >
5 > > eix-sync and eix-diff reports (newer) packages from disabled overlays
6 > > (via layman -D ...).
7 > > How can I tell eix to ignore these?
8 > >
9 > > I'm using eix GIT from 2019/03/06.
10 > >
11 > > Many thanks for a hint,
12 > > Helmut
13 >
14 > Did you already run eix-update? If so, I suspect you found a bug.
15 >
16 > HTH
17
18 Sorry, forget that, eix-sync already runs eix-update and I have no experience
19 with layman's disable feature, so I can't help you there. I don't have time
20 right now, but if I did, I would find out how layman disables overlays exactly
21 (by modifying repos.d?) and compare that with how eix finds overlays. Maybe
22 layman doesn't make them invisible to eix, or maybe eix isn't correct enough
23 in how it finds overlays, but either way it sounds to me like there's some
24 friction between them.
25
26 HTH
27 --
28 Marc Joliet
29 --
30 "People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who know we
31 don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup