From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] using SanDisk Ultra SDHC or USB memory stick
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 16:33:35
1 On Monday 31 August 2009 22:59:46 Valmor de Almeida wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > When I mount a SD memory card on my laptop, the format is NTFS and I am
5 > not able to write. Is there a way to write to it and still be compatible
6 > with Windows OS?
7
8 use ntfs-ng which has write support and do not mount it o=ro
9
10 > Similarly when using a USB memory stick, the format is VFAT and I am
11 > also not able write. Is it possible to write and still preserver
12 > compatibility with Windows OS?
13
14 use vfat and do not mount it o=ro
15
16 Google is your friend. If reckon you'll find about a million hits with a half
17 decent search string
21 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com