From: Jonathan Wright <mail@×××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] rsync mirroring
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 15:50:58
1 Matthias Bethke wrote:
2 > I just set up a local rsync mirror using app-admin/gentoo-rsync-mirror.
3 > Now I'm just wondering if it's necessary to do it like suggested and put
4 > a separate portage tree under /opt? I mean, apart from syncing to the
5 > official Gentoo mirrors it's read-only anyway, so pointing my rsync
6 > daemon to /usr/portage should be fine, shouldn't it?
7 >
8 > cheers!
9 > Matthias
10
11 I've been syncing a few machines via /usr/portage without a problem. At
12 least with that method you only need to perform one sync on the main
13 machine and then let the others sync off it.
16 Jonathan Wright <mail at djnauk.co.uk>
17 --
18 2.6.12-gentoo-r6-djnauk-b5 Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 Mobile CPU 1.80GHz
19 up 1 day, 6:36, 2 users, load average: 0.45, 0.30, 0.16
20 --
21 "If horse racing is the sport of kings, then drag racing must be
22 the sport of queens."
23
24 ~ Bert R. Sugar
25 --