From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [SOLVED] What ntp/sntp client do people use?
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2019 03:18:25
1 On Wed, Dec 11, 2019 at 08:37:10PM +1100, Adam Carter wrote
2 > chrony on the "server" to sync from the Internet and systemd-timesyncd
3 > on the others to sync from the server.
4
5 Sounds like something Lennart came up with.
6
7 On Wed, Dec 11, 2019 at 11:45:57AM -0600, Dale wrote
8
9 > I don't know how openrdate works but for chrony, set up the config file
10 > and then /etc/init.d/chronyd start.  After a bit, you can check to see
11 > how close it is.  If things are working well enough, don't forget to add
12 > it to a runlevel so that it starts when you boot up.
13
14 openrdate defaults to set correct time directly, but it does have an
15 optional parameter to gradually skew local time to the remote time. I
16 use openrdate in client mode once a month or so to sync a machine.
19 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
20 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications