From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] GDTextUtil doesn't compile after Perl upgrade from 5.20.2 to 5.22.2
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2016 17:43:52
1 > On 2 Oct 2016, at 17:34, Matthias Hanft <mh@×××××.de> wrote:
2 >
3 > I already tried to uninstall and reinstall everything with "perl" in its name,
4 > but without success. I can install/upgrade everything else from "dev-perl/...";
5 > it's just this weird "GDTextUtil" which remains at the end of every "emerge"
6 > effort - no matter which "emerge" options I use, or what the order of packages
7 > is.
8
9 I had a nightmare with perl recently, too. Did you check there are no perl packages listed in your world file?
10
11 I think someone mentioned that here on this list in the last week or two, and I found I had several.
12
13 I also ran `sudo perl-cleaner --reallyall` at one point.
14
15 Stroller.