From: Andrew Udvare <audvare@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] iproute2 reference
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2018 15:22:32
1 > On 2018-06-10, at 09:15, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 >
3 > Hello list,
4 >
5 > I'm trying to learn how to use the "ip" command to manage routing on one of my
6 > boxes, which has two Ethernet interfaces.
7
8 If you're using systemd, you can set it up with systemd.network in /etc/systemd/network. I do this on my router. However I was unable to get my IPv6 6rd tunnel working this way. For IPv4 DHCP or static it works fine.
9
10 https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd.network.html
11 https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Systemd-networkd#Configuration_examples
14 > Can anyone recommend suitable reading material? I don't mind paying for a
15 > book, provided that it's reasonably up to date and won't bury me in a morass
16 > of bit patterns, OSI transport layers and so on. Just the stuff that a network
17 > admin would need.
18
19 man ip (relatively minimal, but not as minimal as ip --help)
20
21 https://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/linux-ip-command-examples-usage-syntax/ is in my bookmarks
22
23 https://access.redhat.com/sites/default/files/attachments/rh_ip_command_cheatsheet_1214_jcs_print.pdf
24
25 bash-completion comes with ip command support.
26
27 My script to set up my IPv6 6rd tunnel on my router:
28
29 ip tunnel del sit-6rd
30 ip tunnel add sit-6rd mode sit local "$IPV4_ADDR" ttl 64 dev enp1s0f0
31 ip tunnel 6rd dev sit-6rd 6rd-prefix 2602::/24
32
33 ip link set sit-6rd mtu 1480
34 ip link set sit-6rd up
35
36 ip -6 addr add "$IPV6_ADDR" dev sit-6rd
37 ip -6 route add 2000::/3 via "::$IPV4_BR_ADDR"
38 ip -6 route add default via "::$IPV4_BR_ADDR"
39
40 Andrew