From: antlists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] update fails, but I don't see why
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2020 20:48:51
1 On 03/12/2020 20:33, n952162 wrote:
2 > I'm trying to update the gentoo system that I last updated 6 weeks ago,
3 > but it seems not to work.  Can somebody explain to me why?
4
5 I've got a similar problem - an "emerge --sync" said "portage has been
6 updated, you really should emerge it first before doing anything else".
7 So I tried.
8
9 And it blew up very similarly to you, with loads of python problems. So
10 I gambled on updating python (which it did) but no dice - portage still
11 won't update.
12
13 (This is a new system that I'm still trying to setup.)
14
15 Cheers,
16 Wol