From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] alternative to thunderbird?
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 20:37:42
1 On Sat, 18 Feb 2012 12:28:44 -0800
2 Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > I just switched from firefox to chromium (thanks to you guys) and I'm
5 > loving it. What would you recommend for getting away from
6 > thunderbird? I'm looking for something simple and minimal.
7 >
8 > - Grant
11 claws-mail
12
13 It takes some getting used to as all the nice
14 cute gui stuff is not present. It sends and receives mail, does a very
15 good job of filtering, is somewhat passable with rendering html mail
16 (and absolutely refuses to generate it). Everything else that bloats
17 mail clients is absent.
18
19 It goes without saying that under no circumstances must you even
20 consider using kdepim
23 Alan McKinnnon
24 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com