From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] firefox -- too weird!
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2006 19:31:25
1 Abhay Kedia schreef:
2 > On Sunday 08 January 2006 00:05, maxim wexler wrote:
3 >
4 >> I did this twice, so it's no mere fluke. I rushed over to Yahoo to
5 >> post this and the window's still OK. So, thankfully it's not
6 >> permanent ;)
7 >>
8 >> Anybody care to hazard a guess as to what's happening here. Can
9 >> anybody duplicate it?
12 > I went to that site and yup, it resizes the window.
13
14 You can refuse to allow that behaviour (I'm not going to test the site
15 right now, but I have Firefox to disallow sites to resize windows, so I
16 would expect that that shouldn't happen to me unless firefox is broken):
17
18 In 1.5 (the settings are also available in previous versions, but in
19 Deer Park the dialog is to allow, rather than previously where it was to
20 disallow the following behaviours):
21
22 Edit==> Preferences==> Content==> JavaScript Advanced Settings button
23
24 uncheck if checked in Deer Park to disallow, check if unchecked in
25 pre-1.5 versions to disallow sites to:
26
27 Move or resize windows
28 Raise or lower windows
29 Disable or replace context menus