From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] LMLBT4x ntsc card
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 17:04:51
1 Hello,
2
3 I've installed a LMLBT44 ntsc card from Linux Media Labs.
4 The instructions are for a 2.4 kernel, and look almost useless:
5 http://www.linuxmedialabs.com/LMLCD/LMLBT4x/DOC/
6
7 Beside with all of the change to video4linux (v4l) and the fact
8 that it requires bttv to be installed, and there is no package
9 for bttv (it's most likely been sucked into a new package/source),
10 I'd appreciated some guidance on how to get this card to do
11 some basic video streaming of the ntsc (black&white) frames to
12 a gentoo (kde) system....
13
14 lspci -v reveals:
15 0000:00:0f.1 Multimedia controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Audio Capture
16 (rev 11)
17 Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 18
18 Memory at ee800000 (32-bit, prefetchable)
19 Capabilities: [44] Vital Product Data
20 Capabilities: [4c] Power Management version 2
21
22 Any help/advise is greatly appreciated.
23
24 James
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list