From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo Virtualization
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 12:38:28
1 On 09/10/2009 03:02 AM, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Thursday 10 September 2009 02:31:20 walt wrote:
3 >
4 >> I'm attaching a screen capture of the dialog window I see when mounting
5 >> an ISO file on the vm's virtual CD player. If you are seeing something
6 >> very different, then that's where we need to start debugging.
7 >
8 > Ah! Are you telling me I have to install the additions before /dev/hdc
9 > becomes visible? (That would also be one of my physical drives.) I had
10 > assumed they were for addition to an installed guest OS.
11
12 No, that's the iso I just happened to have attached to that vm -- it has
13 no effect on the host. But my CD player does show up in the dialog box,
14 so I have no idea why yours doesn't.