From: Randy Barlow <randy@×××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] archiving
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 05:58:07
1 On Thu, 2007-01-04 at 21:47 -0500, James Lockie wrote:
2 > Compressing a folder doesn't work.
3 >
4 > When I right click on a folder in konqueror and select compress, a
5 > "please wait" dialog opens and the progress bar just moves back and forth.
6 > It is like it is in an infinite loop so end up cancelling.
7 > I've tried zip and tar.bz2
8
9 Have you tried compressing it from a shell using either tar or gzip, or
10 zip?
11
12 Randy Barlow
13 http://www.electronsweatshop.com
14 ... faster BogoMIPS calculations (yes, it now boots 2 seconds faster
15 than it used to: we're considering changing the name from "Linux" to
16 "InstaBOOT" -- Linus, in the announcement for 1.3.26
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list