From: Francesco Talamona <ti.liame@×××××.it>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Boot Gentoo to clean windows
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 08:15:24
1 On Saturday 29 March 2008, Stroller wrote:
2 > Thanks! I'll look into PING. The documentation on PING's homepage
3 > seems a little scanty, but I'm sure a Google will be a bit more
4 > forthcoming.
5
6 It's very easy to use, I found a pdf somewhere that described it in few
7 pages.
8
9 > There are a couple of reasons I appreciate copying on a file-by-file
10 >   basis - I don't know if PING would allow me the same flexibility.
11
12 Sure it won't. You provide plenty of examples...
13 While reading them I remembered dar & kdar but it seems the latter is no
14 more actively mantained. And anyway not a solution for windows users if
15 you want to let them to take a bit of care of themselves.
16
17 An option is to shrink the old disk to a secondary partition and leave
18 it on the same disk, but again having another partition isn't the best
19 for end users: it's easier to claim back space without specializer
20 tools if everything's is just a folder away.
21
22 Ciao
23 Francesco
24 --
25 Linux Version 2.6.24-gentoo-r3, Compiled #1 PREEMPT Thu Feb 28 22:23:31
27 One 2.2GHz AMD Athlon 64 Processor, 2GB RAM, 4408.90 Bogomips Total
28 aemaeth
29 --
30 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list