From: Meino Christian Cramer <Meino.Cramer@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT: How to check for an existing ethernet link ?
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2006 11:48:31
1 Hi,
2
3 sorry for being off topic, but I think, folks of this list have the
4 knowledge to answer my question and I have no idea who to ask else...
5
6 I need to check from within a C-program whether the computer, the
7 program is running on (OS: Linux), is connected to the ethernet. The
8 program is running under root privilege. Before doing anything else
9 with eth0, I want to check the link-LED of the ethernet card...so to
10 say.
11
12 I sthere any "legal" way to do such things under Linux?
13
14 Thank you very much for any help and your understanding for my
15 situation.
16
17 Kind regards,
18 mcc