From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] hunspell, myspell, aspell, etc in OOo
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 16:13:50
1 On Thursday 31 August 2006 16:27, Uwe Thiem wrote:
2 > On 31 August 2006 15:42, Mick wrote:
3 > > Hi All,
4 > >
5 > > I think I've asked this before but didn't get anywhere. My OOo used to
6 > > work fine with Aspell. Now I understand that OOo only works with the
7 > > myspell/hunspell by default. Two questions:
8 > >
9 > > What's the difference between hunspell and myspell?
10 > >
11 > > Can I make OOo (both binary and source) work with aspell, or do I *have
12 > > to* emerge myspell?
13 >
14 > It would be fabulous if it worked with aspell because it has a dictionary
15 > for proper African English. Please let me know if you manage to make it
16 > work. ;-)
17
18 I wish I had sufficient knowledge to crack this one! I can see that there are
19 some Aspell dictionaries in hunspell format:
20
21 http://hunspell.sourceforge.net/
22
23 but no word about incorporating them in OOo. Anyway, English is not yet part
24 of the list. :-(
27 Regards,
28 Mick