From: Massimiliano Ziccardi <massimiliano.ziccardi@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem with the graphic card
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 07:52:54
1 Hi Ward. Thank you for your clarification.
2
3 Just to be sure I have undestood right.
4
5 The document says:
6
7 "
8 Since 22 Oct 2008, Gentoo switched all ebuilds to the upstream naming:
9 x11-drivers/xf86-video-intel. The ebuild xf86-video-i810 no longer exists.
10 To switch, set the VIDEO_CARDS variable to intel in your /etc/make.conf. See
11 VIDEO_CARDS for further instructions.
12 "
13
14 When it says "to switch set the VIDEO_CARDS", I thought it meant "since
15 Gentoo switched all ebuilds to the upstream naming
16 x11-drivers/xf86-video-intel, if you want to switch to the old
17 xf86-video-i810, set the VIDEO_CARDS variable to intel ...."
18
19 So, your answer made me a little bit confused about that 'if you want to
20 switch'.
21
22 Maybe they mean 'if you want to switch to the new
23 x11-drivers/xf86-video-intel'?
24 But, if "Gentoo switched all ebuilds to the upstream naming:
25 x11-drivers/xf86-video-intel", isn't that the default one?
26
27 Surely I miss something...
28
29 Thank you very much,