From: Adam Carter <Adam.Carter@×××××××××.au>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Capture dmesg output on boot?
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 00:31:00
1 > I've been trying to get to the bottom of my recent troubles
2 > with my IDE
3 > controller working with the 2.6.28 kernel. Now, linux never boots
4 > without a kernel panic, so dmesg never gets logged... Is
5 > there any way
6 > to have the kernel dump the boot log somewhere? I'd settle for
7 > scrolling up, really.
8
9 Have you tried <shift>+<PgUp> ? I have no idea if it will work in that circumtance...
10
11 Remember that depending how you setup the kernel the IDE devices could be hdX or sdX.