From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Compilation aborted for setuptools-0.6.12
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 17:03:45
1 David W Noon <dwnoon@××××××××.com> [10-06-19 18:00]:
2 > On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 17:00:02 +0200, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote about Re:
3 > [gentoo-user] Re: Compilation aborted for setuptools-0.6.12:
4 >
5 > >walt <w41ter@×××××.com> [10-06-19 16:48]:
6 > [snip]
7 > >> Have you set eselect python to use python-3 instead of python-2? If
8 > >> so,
9 > >> try setting it back to python-2.
10 > >
11 > >No, python 2.6 ist set according to the output of
12 > >
13 > > eselect python list
14 > >
15 > >python 3.1 is installed but not selected.
16 > >
17 > >What else can produce this compilation error?
18 >
19 > Have you run python-updater?
20 >
21 > When new packages have Python components, they will build both 2.6 and
22 > 3.1 modules if possible. This means that their dependencies also need
23 > to have both 2.6 and 3.1 modules. You achieve this by running
24 > python-updater; this can take several hours.
25 > --
26 > Regards,
27 >
28 > Dave [RLU #314465]
29 > ======================================================================
30 > dwnoon@××××××××.com (David W Noon)
31 > ======================================================================
34 Hi Dave,
35
36 wait...hopefully I understand this correctly, before I start to screw
37 up my newly installed system...
38
39 State 1 right after installing Gentoo: Pyton2.6 selected, installed
40 and up.
41 State 2 some days later while upateing python3.1 was offered but
42 should *not* eselect python 3.1 since some older package are still
43 not updated to work correctly with 3.1
44 State 3 setuptools seems to try to compile against 3.1 and failed.
45
46 Now I should run python-updater to ... (scratching my head)?
47 To update to python 3.1..but setuptools failed while compiling
48 against python 3.1
49
50 It seems I myself feel a little screwed up,,, ;)
51
52 ?
53
54 Best regards,