From: John Blinka <john.blinka@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sysrescue+new asus mobo+secure boot=0
Date: Wed, 12 May 2021 16:57:08
1 On Wed, May 12, 2021 at 9:04 AM Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2
3 > On 12/05/21 13:43, John Blinka
4 > >
5 > So what I guess *might* be happening is that there is a signed
6 > boot-loader on the "other OS" on CD, but because the gentoo boot loader
7 > is not signed, that's why it's not working ...
8 >
9 > So somehow you need to get your "other linux" booted again, get back
10 > into gentoo, and install a signed binary boot loader. Pain in the Arse!!!
11 >
12 > Cheers,
13 > Wol
16 > “Other OS” is a secure boot setting in the Asus bios. There has never been
17 *any* actual os running on this board, since I have never gotten anything
18 to boot.
19
20 I suspected that sysrescue and Gentoo do not have signed boot loaders on
21 their isos (does Gentoo even have isos? Haven’t used anything but sysrescue
22 in ages…). That’s why I downloaded and tried the current Ubuntu server
23 iso, believing that it would have a signed boot loader. That didn’t boot.
24
25 John