From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Question about genkernel's default kernel config
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2016 21:57:44
1 On Mon, 15 Aug 2016 14:42:17 -0400, Rich Freeman wrote:
2
3 > Something I like about dracut is that when I'm
4 > shutting down systemd actually pivots back to the initramfs and it
5 > unmounts root, which I think is more elegant than mounting ro, but in
6 > practice the latter works.
7
8 Another nice thing about dracut, if your using systemd, is that it starts
9 logging while the initramfs is loaded, flushing the data to disk
10 once /var is mounted rw, so you get information from far earlier in the
11 boot in the journal.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 Know thyself. If you need help, call the C.I.A.