From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Which package contains kdeinit4? Was: Purged gnome, lost X. :-(
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 00:17:12
1 On 01/19/2014 11:40 AM, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
2
3 > I seem to have a hard
4 > segfault in xfce4-session. That's after purging xfce and re-emerging,
5 > too.
6
7 There may be something amiss in your home directory. I think the easiest way to
8 confirm/deny is to create a 'disposable' user account (mine is named 'tester')
9 and see what happens when 'tester' starts xfce from a virgin home directory.
10
11 I've solved many such problems that way. You can copy configuration stuff
12 from your normal user's home directory to the test account one item at a time
13 and see where xfce starts to segfault. Then back up one step :)