From: Gregory SACRE <gregory.sacre@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] tuxonice and suspend-to-ram
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2011 14:17:38
1 Hi Stephan,
4 Frankly, I don't think it would bring anything to you, except maybe
5 the possibility to cancel a suspension on the fly and maybe some check
6 when coming from suspension.
7
8 I'm using tuxonice only for the suspend to disk, but even there, the
9 kernel has some builtin features that would be sufficient for me (I'm
10 lazy, I don't want to try ;-)).
11
12 tuxonice is mainly some wrapping scripts that makes the suspension
13 more feature full than the bare kernel provided but in the end, they
14 still use what the kernel provides.
15
16 In your case, I don't think it's mandatory to use tuxonice.
19 HTH,
20
21 Greg
22