From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Network printer not being found
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2020 14:16:25
1 Afternoon all,
2
3 Before my trials with booting, and eventually rebuilding everything from the
4 ground up, my Lexmark C2425 printer was working fine. Now the KDE system
5 settings printer applet can't detect it, even though pinging it works.
6
7 Then when I point firefox to localhost:631 cups's behaviour has changed. If I
8 click Adding Printers and Classes, instead of a dialogue to let me add a
9 printer I now get a help page telling me how to do it at the command line.
10
11 Even if I do manage to add the printer, cups reports that it isn't responding.
12 I take this to mean I'm not using the right protocol. I've tried IPP, IPPS,
13 HTTP and HTTPS, following that help page.
14
15 Package.use is the same as before, and I've tried with cups-browsed both
16 running and not.
17
18 What am I missing?
21 Regards,