From: Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo on a cell?
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2020 12:57:38
1 On 19/2/20 10:29 am, William Kenworthy wrote:
2 >
3 > On 19/2/20 4:16 am, james wrote:
4 >> So,
5 [snip]
8 >> James
11 [snip]
12 >
13 > Easier and more practical would be to install LibreOS. You can build ii
14 > yourself and build/include your own software as needed - I did it many
15 > times with its Cyanogenmod predecessor (I presume you still can).  There
16 > are some other stacks suitable for phones such as sailfish and even
17 > android can be built yourself (and you can defang/customise it while
18 > doing it - google not needed and if you dont install GAPPS it still
19 > works fine)
20 >
21 [snip]
22
23 This is the most painless way of doing this. I have been using Gentoo
24 since the early naughties and love the customisation etc but on a phone,
25 not worth the pain. Ride off someone else's coat tails and the one I use
26 is LineageOS [1]. Except for the occasional blob for the wireless bits
27 and pieces which need a bit of ferretting around for, it just runs.
28
29 Andrew
35 [1] https://lineageos.org/