From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Mozilla & Google behind the scenes payola
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 21:42:37
1 Hi,
2
3 On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 09:30:31 +0930
4 Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au> wrote:
5
6 > > I'd vote for a preference setting for prefetching:
7 > > - disable / enable / enable for the same host only
8 > > a little bit like cookie handling.
9 >
10 > from http://www.scroogle.org/gscrape.html#ffox "Fortunately, you can
11 > disable this "feature" by entering about:config in the address bar and
12 > then scrolling down to network.prefetch-next and toggling it to false"
13
14 Yep, I knew that. But my point was that there should be a third
15 setting, not only enable/disable, but something like "allow prefetch
16 only for pages on the same host". Cookie handling already has this,
17 AFAIK.
18
19 -hwh
20 --