From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: ATI HD5450
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 23:50:15
1 On 05/18/2010 11:26 AM, James wrote:
2 > Hello Everyone,
3 >
4 > Well it's time to upgrade the video card
5 > in a few systems. I love the fanless cards
6 > so I'm sticking with that and ATI brand....
9 > I'm looking at the ATI HD5450. Anyone got
10 > one of these running under gentoo? Got
11 > the 7.1 audio working out of the hdmi port?
12
13 I'd like to know the answer too, as I'd like to support them.
14
15 I have only nvidia graphics because I know their proprietary
16 drivers work, at least. No idea about ATI yet.
17
18 I see here that they don't mention the HD 5400 series at all:
19 http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/drivers.aspx
20
21 Seems like whenever I buy a product, the manufacturer never mentions
22 the particular chip-set that I actually got. Maybe it's because I
23 always buy the cheapest thing I can find ;)