From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /etc/conf.d/net woes with baselayout2
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 19:43:34
1 On Thursday 24 April 2008, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2
3 > > alan@nazgul ~ $ egrep -v '^#|^$' /etc/conf.d/net
4 > > iface_eth0="dhcp"
5 > > iface_wlan0="dhcp"
6 >
7 > Those should be config_xxx="dhcp"
8 >
9 > > modules=( "iwconfig" )
10 >
11 > And this should now be modules="iwconfig", although I inadvertently
12 > left a couple of Bash arrays in mine and it still worked (and I think
13 > iwconfig is the default for wireless anyway).
14
15 Thanks Neil. I see now what happened - baselayout-2/openrc nuked my
16 existing /etc/conf.d/net so I remade it, but used an old net.example
17 for the syntax. Second time this has bitten me!
21 Alan McKinnon
22 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
25 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list