From: Dave Jones <Dave.Jones@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE and OpenOffice keyboard problems [solved]
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 13:39:20
1 Bo Andresen wrote on 04/05/06 12:44:
2 > On Thursday 04 May 2006 12:08, Dave Jones wrote:
3
4 >>As a matter of curiosity, what errors did you get when you tried
5 >>en_GB.utf8 on your system?
6
7 > $ LC_ALL=en_GB.utf8 oowriter2
8 > perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
9 > perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings:
10 > LANGUAGE = (unset),
11 > LC_ALL = "en_GB.utf8",
12 > LANG = (unset)
13 > are supported and installed on your system.
14 > perl: warning: Falling back to the standard locale ("C").
15 > I18N: Operating system doesn't support locale ""
16
17 > IIRC back when I followed the UTF-8 guide localedef complained that some data
18 > for creating the en_GB.UTF-8 locale was missing. It seems that the issue has
19 > been resolved since then. The following command fixed the problem so
20 > en_GB.utf8 is working for me too now:
21
22 > # localedef -i en_GB -f UTF-8 en_GB.UTF-8
23
24 I didn't get these errors when I ran the oowriter2 command above, so I
25 guess my localdef for the en_GB.utf8 must have been OK.
26
27 Case closed, an irritating problem fixed.
28
29 Cheers, Dave
30 --
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list