From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] BIG reiserfs problem
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 10:40:44
1 CapSel ha scritto:
2 > It's now more than five times when reiserfs has "sucked my data into
3 > /dev/null". At the begining I thout that was a hardware problem -
4 > disk, ram... but now I am almost 100% sure that reiserfs IS NOT stable
5 > file system. It doesn't matter if I have gentoo-sources or
6 > hardened-sources, if I compile for my arch or for i386... heavy load
7 > or just one rsync process, gentoo or slackware (I thought that I gave
8 > "bad" CFLAGS, USE...).
9 > ...it lacked support for SEcurity labels some time ago...
10 > But it is still fastest fs.
11 > Am I the only one who have this problem?
12 > So my question is - how can I help to eliminate this bug(s)?
13
14 It's two years I'm using ReiserFS and I still had no problem *fingers
15 crossed*.
16
17 You are scaring me, anyway, :) and yours is not the first horror story I
18 have heard about ReiserFS.
19
20 I've heard good things about XFS, probably when I'll have to format I'll
21 give it a try.
22
23 m.
24 --