From: Petric Frank <pfrank@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] open source monitoring on gentoo
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 21:48:19
1 Hello Stefan,
2
3 Am Freitag, 24. Juni 2011, 11:15:54 schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:
4 > Greets,
5 >
6 > I am looking for a nagios-type monitoring system which I can run on gentoo.
7 >
8 > The requirement is that the customer should be able to add/edit hosts
9 > and services via web-GUI ... there is no cli-motivation available there ;-)
10 >
11 > Second wish would be that the GUI should be available in german language
12 > as well (customer in austria).
13 >
14 > I have nagios running there already so I would like to migrate the
15 > existing stuff into the new system.
16 >
17 > Do you gentoo-users have a recommendation for me?
18 >
19 > I dug through various lists of monitoring systems but somehow got lost ...
20
21 Zabbix (http;//www.zabbix.com) may be worth a view. It has monitoring proxy
22 support. The monitoring server can be clustered (depending on the load).
23
24 regards
25 Petric