From: Kristian Poul Herkild <kristian@×××××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Insanely long delay in loading xorg+gnome
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 06:04:10
11 2) Insanely long delay. This stage is weird and takes ~12 minutes (have
12 measured it several times, though slightly imprecise).
16 After the third stage everything works fine and smooth and
17 near-instantaneous (quite opposite Windows :p )
18
19 The second stage (the insanely long unexplainable delay) takes the
20 mentioned ~12 minutes. There is no harddisk activity at all. The only
21 thing I have is a black screen and the black'n'white standard X-cursor
22 (though it does react instantaneously on mouse movements :p ).
23
24 Does anybody know where to look for information useful to find the
25 problem. I haven't found any logfile with any information related to
26 this weird delay, which of course is consistent with the complete lack
27 of harddisk activity.
28
29 Kind regards,
30