From: Yohan Pereira <yohan.pereira@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge gone--can I use a tbz?
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 20:16:09
1 On Sunday 27 Mar 2011 12:57:23 AM Allan Gottlieb wrote:
2 > On Sat, Mar 26 2011, Yohan Pereira wrote:
3 > > On Saturday 26 Mar 2011 06:54:29 PM Allan Gottlieb wrote:
4 > >> I do have buildsyspkg so have many versions of portage as tbz files.
5 > >> But emerge won't install it (again, just returns).
6 > >>
7 > >> Can I do something analogous to an untar on one of the portage files?
8 > >
9 > > do you have qmerge installed?
10 > >
11 > > qmerge -K <package name>
12 >
13 > No and eix qmerge doesn't show it. However, I was apparently bitten by
14 > the same python problem as in the next thread. I have done
15 >
16 > eselect python set 1
17 >
18 > and now revdep-rebuild is reinstalling 25 packages.
19 >
20 > allan
21
22 yea i thought as much after reading that thread. Anyways qmerge is part of
23 portage-utils useful for mergeing bin pkgs when portage starts acting up.
27 - Yohan Pereira
28
29 "A man can do as he will, but not will as he will" - Schopenhauer