From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] nfs sharing: same user name, but different user id.
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 13:25:49
1 On Friday 03 March 2006 02:35, Robert Persson <ireneshusband@××××××××.uk>
2 wrote about '[gentoo-user] nfs sharing: same user name, but different user
3 id.':
4 > Is there any facility within nfs to map users to other userids (beyond
5 > that needed for root-squashing)?
6
7 There's all_squash, along with a way to choose what numeric id users are
8 squashed to.
9
10 Also, I believe there's idmapd which should be able to do an arbitrary
11 mapping.
12
13 > Or failing that, is there a way to change the user ids on one of the
14 > machines without making a big mess?
15
16 Go down to single-user mode and change owners at the same time you
17 edit /etc/passwd and you should be fine, I think.
20 "If there's one thing we've established over the years,
21 it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest
22 clue what's best for them in terms of package stability."
23 -- Gentoo Developer Ciaran McCreesh
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list