From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] seems lots of packages no longer in the tree
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 21:27:25
1 On Sun, 25 Sep 2022 16:16:41 -0400,
2 Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 >
4 > [1 <text/plain; US-ASCII (quoted-printable)>]
5 > On Sun, 25 Sep 2022 11:07:38 -0400, John Covici wrote:
6 >
7 > > > think it was removed for a similar reason:
8 > > >
9 > > > https://bugs.gentoo.org/791004
10 > > >
11 > > It was mrxvt. But why would the announcement list specify valid
12 > > versions for those packages, if they have been removed?
13 >
14 > It specifies the affected versions that were in the tree, probably
15 > because those are what people may have installed. It also states "
16 >
17 > Resolution
18 > ==========
19 >
20 > Gentoo has discontinued support for Mrxvt. We recommend that users
21 > remove it:
22 >
23 > # emerge --ask --depclean "x11-terms/mrxvt"
24 >
25 > with similar recommendations for the other packages you mention, except
26 > for oracle-jdk where it recommends alternatives.
27
28 OK, I usually don't read past the effected packages part, so I didn't
29 see those recomendations -- thanks.
32 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
33 How do
34 you spend it?
35
36 John Covici wb2una