From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: beegfs goes opensource!
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 17:48:41
1 On 2/26/2016 12:04 PM, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Excellent point about the license. Did the license stop zfs folks
3 > from enjoying zfs? I know the zfs license stops some commercial folks
4 > from deploy/using zfs. And zfs is not a routine choice in the installation
5 > docs for gentoo.....
6
7 I recall a list conversation about this, explaining that it would be
8 trivial for someone who knows how to do ebuilds, to have their own
9 ZFS-in-kernel system available, and that it would also be possible to
10 accomplish this via an overlay...
11
12 Wish someone would do it, I'd love to play with ZFS, but I don't have
13 the skill or time to figure out the pieces...