From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: OT: kernel parameters
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 15:43:53
1 Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Thursday 30 June 2011 15:45:40 Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Peter Humphrey wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> Hmm. Could be. I'll try setting those in my Gentoo kernel and see if it
7 >>> hangs.
8 >>>
9 >>> Thanks Alan. I did grep for "lockup" without success, so I suppose I
10 >>> must have mistyped it.
11 >>>
12 >> Use grep -i. That should ignore the case. Sometimes things are in all
13 >> caps, all lower case or some mix. With -i, it doesn't matter.
14 >>
15 >> Hope that helps.
16 >>
17 > Thank you Dale. I did know that.
18 >
19 > The phrase I remember seeing is "random lockups", so perhaps I only grepped
20 > for "lockups", which wouldn't have found the items Alan suggested.
24 Just wanted to make sure. I sometimes forget the -i and miss
25 something. It can cost a lot of time when looking for something in a
26 large file.
27
28 Dale
29