From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Kernel Version
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 14:54:13
1 James wrote:
4 >Grub is a superior alternative to lilo.....in my opinion.
5 >
6 >I fought, scratch, pleaded, begged, and had massive lilo withdrawals,
7 >until I spent some time with grub. Now you could not get me to use
8 >lilo....
9 >
10 >I also experimennt with lots of kernel versions and modifications.
11 >I routinely keep many kernels as boot options. Grub makes it all
12 >easy.
13 >YMMV,
14 >
15 >Jamess
22 I started on lilo to, then switched to grub. You couldn't pay me to
23 switch back either. I to keep a lot of kernels around just in case
24 something went belly up. Being able to edit grub at the boot screen is
25 nice too.
26
27 If you can switch, it is well worth it.
28
29 Dale
30 :-)
33 To err is human, I'm most certainly human.
38 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list