From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] bugs in ebuilds?
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2016 22:09:31
1 On Mon, 21 Nov 2016 05:26:14 -0800, Jorge Almeida wrote:
2
3 > My current concrete example: gtk+ 3.* has a configuration option
4 > --enable-debug=[no/minimum/yes] (default=debug_default)
5 >
6 > There is no USE variable to control this. From what I [think I]
7 > understood, the default is set in the source file configure.ac, which
8 > sets debug_default to "yes"! This has the effect that it is impossible
9 > to launch gtk applications (e.g., zathura) from a terminal and still
10 > do something useful with the terminal, which gets spammed no-end with
11 > obnoxious messages about stuff the user cannot do anything about,
12 > anyway.
13
14 As a short term solution, you can run the application with nohup.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 Loose bits sink chips.