From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Accessing a Samsung phone and it's data.
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 13:47:52
1 On 2019-07-30, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2
3 > I've found all of the MTP implementations to be wanting in some way.
4
5 I have had mixed results with various MTP filesystem implementations.
6 Sometimes I've gotten one or other of them to work, but the next time
7 I try to use the same one on the same phone, no go. IIRC, I had the
8 best luck with jmtpfs, but there are varous forks of it...
9
10 > Then I discovered SSHelper, an SSH server for Android. Now I can
11 > mount my phone's storage with sshfs using a command like
12 >
13 > sshfs -p 2222 192.168.1.144:/storage/emulated/0 /mnt/phone
14
15 Yep, I second that recommendation. There are also a couple free FTP
16 servers that work well. I've had good luck with FTPServer by Andreas
17 Liebig, but there's really no reason to pick FTP over SSH/SCP/SFTP.
20 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Isn't this my STOP?!
21 at
22 gmail.com