From: Gordon Schulz <gordon.schulz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] recommendation for a wireless G Broadband Router
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 18:27:29
1 Another option is the excellent Tomato Firmware
2 (http://www.polarcloud.com/tomato), which does exactly what you need
3 out of the box.
4
5 Greetings,
6
7 gordon.
8
9 On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 7:34 PM, Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu> wrote:
10 > I have a linksys (Cisco) WRT54G, which works fine except for one
11 > point.
12 >
13 > I have been unable to find in the documentation how to tell its dhcp
14 > server that mac address X should get IP addr Y. I am prepared to
15 > accept the deserved shame if someone tells me how to do this.
16 >
17 > Failing the above, I am seriously considering buying another router
18 > that has this capability. It is frustrating not to know the IP
19 > address for machines on our home network (especially the NFS server).
20 >
21 > I would appreciate any recommendations.
22 > The device should have wired ethernet input (from our cable modem) and
23 > 4 wired ethernet outputs, plus wireless support, and a dhcp server.
24 >
25 > thanks,
26 > allan
27 > --