From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] USB bluetooth
Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2006 13:34:00
1 Hi All,
2
3 I have been trying to get some peripherals of my Compaq Evo N600c
4 working and to this day have been met with a rather discouraging
5 failure. So I thought of giving it another go, this time perhaps
6 understanding a bit more.
7
8 This laptop has two USB ports. However, lshw and lspci shows three
9 USB devices. I assume that the third is supposed to be used with the
10 built-in bluetooth device, and perhaps the built-in IrDA, or even the
11 built-in modem. None of these devices (IrDA, bluetooth, modem) have
12 worked or shown up in lshw/lspci/lsusb to date . . .
13
14 Anyway, this is what I get from lshw:
15
16 http://michaelkintzios.fastmail.fm/evo_n600c/lshw.txt
17
18 and this is what lspci -v shows:
19
20 http://michaelkintzios.fastmail.fm/evo_n600c/pci.txt
21
22 and this is lsusb:
23
24 http://michaelkintzios.fastmail.fm/evo_n600c/lsusb.txt
25
26 Could you please tell me in the first instance how I can get the
27 bluetooth device configured and recognised?
28 --
29 Regards,
30 Mick
31 --