From: Arnaud FARINE <arnaud.farine@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Emerge gcc et c++ ?
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 08:22:34
1 Hello,
2
3 To compile a program, I need to upgrade my gcc.
4 After verification by emerge -pva gcc I saw that no gcc was installed
5 (strange!!), but I saw that was the 3.6.6 version.
6 So I decided to install gcc 4.1.1
7 I don't know the gcc, its compiler and others params.
8 I used the following flag bootstrap build objc.
9
10 When I would compiled my program, I had an error concerning c++ object
11 (isn't present).
12 So, I added fortran and objc++ to my use-flags and compiled again...
13
14 To begin, Emerge try to install gmp-4.2.1 and I get the error C++
15 compiler not available...
16 If I want to emerge gcc, I get a message : you delete a part of your
17 system :-( So stop, Arnaud send a message to newsgroup !!
18
19 1. Can I unmerge my gcc without problem ?
20 2. how emerge gcc to have the c++ compiler
21 3. how reset a correct environnement !!
22
23 Thank you for your help
24
25 Regards