From: Simon Thelen <gentoo-user@××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to automate an sshfs (fusermount) mounted share
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2015 15:49:38
1 On 15-01-03 at 18:42, Andrew Savchenko wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > On Sat, 03 Jan 2015 09:23:29 -0500 Harry Putnam wrote:
5 > > I'm sshfs mounting an solaris zfs file system in the interactive
6 > > fashion.
7 > >
8 > > sshfs $USR@HOST:/file/system MOUNTPOINT
9 > > passwd?
10 > > enter passwd <RETURN>
11 > >
12 > > Once mounted I run an rsnapshot backup onto the mounted FS.
13 > >
14 > > Any ideas on how to go about doing this mount automatically (scripted)
15 > > will be greatly appreciated.
16 >
17 > 1) Set up your ssh to use keys. Key itself should not be protected
18 > by password (or manual intervention will be needed on each mount).
19 >
20 > 2) Add sshfs command to your .bash_profile (or whatever login shell
21 > you're using) with check that filesystem is not mounted already,
22 > something like:
23 > grep -q $MOUNTPOINT || sshfs $USR@HOST:/file/system MOUNTPOINT
24 >
25 > Alternatively you may add this to your DE/WM autostart scripts, if
26 > you are using GUI logins only.
27 Or just add it to /etc/fstab:
28 user@host:/mountpoint /where/to/mount fuse.sshfs rw,exec,async,_netdev,auto,user,idmap=user,transform_symlinks,identityfile=/path/to/ssh/key,allow_other,default_permissions,uid=1000,gid=100 0 0
29
30 Check the manpages for which of those options you want.
31 ie, you might want to get rid of allow_other etc.
35 Simon Thelen