From: Gaston <shuokay@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Where should i ask Gentoo/Xen/hardware questions?
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2010 11:04:48
1 于 2010-10-6 17:40, Olaf Krause 写道:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > first: where should I ask the following question?
5 >
6 > We successfully operate some HP Proliant DL380 G3, using Gentoo
7 > Xen-kernels as Dom0 and DomU.
8 > Now i tried to upgrade to Generation 4 and 6:
9 > * HP Proliant DL380 G4
10 > * HP Proliant DL380 G6
11 >
12 > Grub works fine. After selecting a kernel to boot, it is loaded and
13 > starts operating and fails some lines later with a kernel panic. The
14 > kernel seems not to find the HP SCSI controller (/dev/cciss/...).
15 >
16 > I made sure, that the kernel has build in the needed drivers as
17 > described here:
18 > http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/HP_ProLiant_DL380_G5
19 >
20 > Funny is, that the Gentoo boot images do work, for example
21 > install-x86-minimal-20100216.iso.
22 >
23 > I use the iso images to boot the system initially, initialize the SCSI
24 > disks with fdsik and mkfs... and then mount the SCSI drives
25 > (/dev/cciss/...), copy a working tarball-image, populate the filsystem
26 > and then use the grub shell make it bootable.
27 >
28 > Attached is a screen shot with the error message.
29 >
30 > Best regards Olaf
31 I think you have write the name of (/dev/cciss/...)uncorrectly。when I
32 install Gentoo today, I have a problem,the grub is ok,but when i want to
33 log in Gentoo,the system says:"the filesystem is not fixed",and "cannot
34 open device"/dev/hda7" or unknown-block(3,0)",and that the Gentoo boot
35 images do work,using install-x86-minimal-20100928.iso. what's wrong with
36 it ,because when i modify fstab,i write /dev/hda7 instead of
37 sda7,however when i using fdisk -l , it is /dev/hda7.
38 i suggest you to check the name of the new device
39 I am chinese,my English is poor,speak it in chinese followed
40 我认为你把(/dev/cciss/...)的名字写错了,今天我刚装的Gentoo,我遇到了相
41 似的问题,当我重启系统的时候,能够进入 Grub,但是,却进不了Gentoo,错误
42 信息就是"the filesystem is not fixed",and "cannot open device"/dev/hda7"
43 or unknown-block(3,0),后来我仔细检查,改了一下fstab,刚开始写的/dev
44 /hda7 改成了/dev/sda7,结果没问题了,可是,用fsdisk -l显示的是/dev
45 /hda7,在这之前我也是用minicd能够正常进入系统,希望对你有用