From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Lost most locales after glibc upgrade
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 15:03:18
1 fei huang wrote:
4 > On 6/19/06, *Alexander Skwar* <listen@×××××××××××××××.name
5 > <mailto:listen@×××××××××××××××.name>> wrote:
6 >
7 > Alexander Kirillov wrote:
8 >
9 > > I've lost most of them locales after upgrade to glibc-2.3.6-r4.
10 >
11 > You'll need to create a /etc/locale.gen file. After that, read
12 >
13 > man 5 locale.gen
14 > man 8 locale-gen
15 >
16 > and run /usr/sbin/locale-gen
17 >
18 > > I don't have userlocales flag set either.
19 >
20 > As there *is* no such flag, there's really no need to set it.
23 > there IS a userlocales flag available for the previous version,
24
25 So, there IS no such flag available for the current version, ie.
26 the version, the OP is about.
27
28 > seems
29 > not working though,
30
31 Worked very well, when there used to be such a flag. At least on
32 my systems it worked very well.
33
34 > I set the USE flag, but locale -a still list nearly
35 > everything.
36
37 Did you create a /etc/locales.build file?
38
39 > the latest r4 version ignore this flag somehow.
40
41 Yes, as I said: There IS no such flag as "userlocales". But you're right,
42 this flag is ignored - just like other non-existant flags.
43
44 Anyway, the solution is to create a /etc/locale.gen file and run locale-gen.
45
46 Alexander Skwar
47 --
48 Would it help if I got out and pushed?
49 -- Princess Leia Organa
50 --
51 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list