From: Statux <statux@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [Fwd: Network Speed] [SOLVED]
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 03:17:06
1 I've been researching this problem over the last several days as no one
2 seems to know what might be going on. I found a vague reference to use
3 of DMZ on a router causing network latency. I've got about a 10Mbit
4 downstream on this pricey cable connection and I was only hitting
5 <200K/s starting at some point a long time ago. I was trying to figure
6 out what I did about the time when the network started feeling gradually
7 slower. I now remember that I set my host up for DMZ access on the
8 router (being the main system on the network) at some point so that was
9 the answer. Now I'm hitting well over 1MB/s with some hosts. All better.