From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] apache and named mysteriously stopping on boot
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 07:24:08
1 On Thursday 16 October 2008 02:33:05 John covici wrote:
2 > Hi. I have a dynamic IP address connected to my ISP using dhcp.
3 > Using dhcpcd 4.x, in /etc/dhcpcd.exit-hook, I start a number of things
4 > -- I put them in that place in case the IP changes. Now amoung them
5 > is apache and named. This works fine, except on bootup, after those
6 > two are started, they are stopped by someting in the default run level
7 > -- the net.eth2 which triggers the /etc/dhcpcd.exit-hook is also in
8 > the default run level. I am not sure why those things are being
9 > stopped, but I would like to prevent them from being tampered with.
10 >
11 > How do I track down and fix this problem?
12 >
13 > Any assistance would be appreciated.
14
15 The contents of your message log from the start of the first network service
16 till where the error happened will provide the first clues.
19 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com